Through our Advocacy Support project, we help people from the Somali community to understand their rights, and empower them to speak up when they are victims of harassment, discrimination, hate crimes or other unfair treatment. Here are some of the actions we take on behalf of members of the community:
• Writing letters of complaint
• Supporting them at meetings, and speaking with and for them if need be
• Making sure that their voices are heard by the relevant authorities, and engaging with specialist agencies as necessary
• Supporting victims of domestic abuse, both through our personal support and also engaging with domestic abuse specialists
• Assisting with the creation of hate crime and discrimination reports.